It’s that time of year when we make our resolutions for the upcoming year. Hit the ground running in 2016 with these apps.
Run Like the Wind (or Forrest Gump)…
- Nike+ Running (Free) – The Nike+ Running app lets you track your runs regardless of your skill level and offers users coaching, progress tracking and more. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- Map My Run+ ($2.99) – The name is a bit misleading. In addition to being great run tracking app, this Under Armour app will let you log and record 600+ different activities including running, cycling, walking, gym workouts, cross training, yoga and more. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- Zombies, Run! (Free) – There is no better motivation than brain eating zombies nipping at your heels. Make every run an adventure! Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- Gorilla Workout ($0.99) – Make your workout into a video game with 40+ body-weight exercises (push ups, squats, burpees). Easy to follow daily workout regimens with hundreds of unique routines. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- 7 Minute Workout Challenge ($2.99) – This app offers 12 simple exercises performed for 30 seconds each with 10 second rest intervals (a little more than 7 minutes). Who doesn’t have 7 minutes for their health? Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
Stretch Your Body and Soothe Your Soul…
- Yoga Studio (Free) – We still love this app with its great choice of HD yoga and meditation classes perfect for beginners and experts.
- Pocket Yoga ($2.99) – A yoga studio in your pocket with 27 different sessions of varying difficulty. Voice instructions guide yogis of all skill levels through every pose. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- MyFitnessPal (Free) – This is one of the best and easiest to use apps to track your diet and exercises. Easily access/input your meal and calorie information in app or online. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- Weight Watchers Mobile (Join Free) – Weight Watchers has been the big name in weight loss over the years. Now WW and Oprah are hitting the market with a redesigned online calories and activity tracker that is accessible from your mobile and computers browsers.
- Yummly Recipes and Recipe Box (Free) – Search, store and cook with thousands of recipes available for free on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch and Apple Watch. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.
- Food Network (Free) – Access your favorite Food Network chefs and cook thousands of their most popular recipes. Works with Apple Watch and Health Kit.